The Jennings Trophy
The Jennings Trophy was awarded from 1955 to 1961 by Cambridgeshire Road Club, a semi-independent racing off-shoot of CTC, to its members for services to the club.
After Cambridgeshire Road Club was wound up in 1988 the trophy was given to Cambridge CTC, which awarded it from 1988 to 2997 to the winner of the Sunday afternoon attendance competition. It has not been awarded since.
The Sunday afternoon attendance competition was based on points received for attendance at tea on the Sunday afternoon rides.
On one side it bears the inscription:
CAMBRIDGESHIRE ROAD CLUB
PRESENTED BY R.J.JENNINGS
FOR SERVICE TO THE CLUB
On the other side it bears the inscription:
CYCLISTS' TOURING CLUB
Engraved on the detachable base is a list of names. The first seven names, from 1955 to 1961, were awarded by Cambridgeshire Road Club for services to the club.
The remaining names, from 1988 to 2007, were awarded by Cambridge CTC to the winner of the Sunday afternoon attendance competition.